Friday, January 10, 2014

Everyone's Favorite Melt-in-Your-Mouth Biscuits (Duck Commander Recipe)

Joey loves these! He always wants me to make them. Makes about 20 3-inch biscuits, will need a rolling pin, pastry blender, and she recommends a cast-iron skillet, I've tried both and I recommend a baking sheet with 1/2 inch sides, it tastes better.

4 Cups Biscuit Mix (and some extra for rolling)
2 Cups Sour Cream
1 Partial Can 7Up or Sprite (the 7Up turns out better for some reason, and I use about 1/4 c)
1/2 Stick Butter

1. Heat the oven to 375 (For me that underdoes it, I usually do 380, but test it out first).

2. In a large bowl mix together the biscuit mix and the sour cream with a pastry blender. Add 7Up a little at a time and mix with a fork until the dough forms a ball (you will not need the whole can, it's going to be really wet, but don't overdo the liquid).

3. Sprinkle about 1/2 C of biscuit mix on the counter to roll the dough in. Turn the dough out onto the biscuit mix on the counter. The dough will be wet, so pat on a little more biscuit mix as needed. With a rolling pin roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick.

4. Melt the butter in the skillets or baking pan.

5. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out the biscuits. Dip the cutter in biscuit mix first for easier cutting.

6. Dip both sides of each biscuit in the melted butter and place the biscuits close together in the pan.

7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown (mine usually take 25 at 380 in the cookie sheet, but in the skillet it's going to be 20 at 375 in the skillet, and you might want to check them at 18).

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Rachel! A couple of weeks ago I had the best biscuits I've ever had at a little restaurant here. I've been craving them like mad ever since and am having a hard time finding a good biscuit recipe. I was about to text you to share this with us when low and behold. Hopefully it fits the bill :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some notes now - it tastes the very BEST with homemade bisquick! Mmm mmm good! Also....my oven had problems, so the original time and temperature are good.

    ReplyDelete