Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mexican Rice

Here is the Mexican Rice to go with the Honey-lime Enchiladas - also from Afton's friend. I really can't do the Enchiladas without this. They just complement each other and until I got this recipe, I couldn't find a Mexican or Spanish Rice recipe I liked.

1/4 C Olive Oil
1 1/2 C Finely Diced Onion
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 t Cumin
1 C Long Grain white Rice (I use my food storage rice)
1 (8 oz) can Tomato Sauce
2 C Water
1 t Salt
1/4 t Pepper

In a sauce pan over medium heat, saute onions in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cumin and cook for an additional minute. Add rice, tomato sauce, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking. Add more water if necessary. When rice is tender, remove from heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment