Saturday, September 20, 2014

Barbecue Chicken Thighs

Uncle Vaughn taught me how to make this! It's best on a grill, but since our's isn't working, I cheat and use the broiler. I've been cheating even more when I make it ahead or just want to be sure the chicken gets done by cooking the chicken in the oven before I broil it. It tastes just as good and doesn't get burned by the broiler as easily! When I want to make it ahead (church in the afternoon), I make it completely and put it in my crock-pot that has been sprayed with cooking spray. It turns out even more tender and you still have the barbecue flavor!

You will need: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (the thighs are more tender than chicken breasts, but harder to find skinless) and barbecue sauce. I used to use Cattlemen's, but I can't find it out here any more so I use Sweet Baby Ray's Original or Honey.

Pour barbecue sauce on the chicken in a dish (I use my 9" x 13" baking pan). Make sure all the chicken gets covered in the sauce.

For the grill: put the pieces of chicken on the grill separately, then baste with more barbecue sauce. Keep turning and basting until done.

For the broiler: Set your broiler on low. Put the chicken pieces separately on a cookie sheet or broiler pan (for easier clean-up, use aluminum foil). Baste with barbecue sauce. Bake under the broiler about 7 minutes. (Check it after 5 minutes to make sure the time works in your broiler.) Turn and baste again. Broil 7 minutes. Repeat 2 more times or until done.

Tastes great with corn on the cob, potato salad and cold veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment