Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Manna from Heaven Brownies

This is from my old roommate, Natalie. My other roommate, Emma, thought these brownies were so yummy that she dubbed them 'Manna from Heaven'. Hence the name.

These brownies are SUPER EASY to whip up when you want dessert in a fix. I've made them every weekend for the past three weeks, and have proceeded to eat at least half the pan. Don't judge.

1 (softened) stick of butter
2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Cocoa
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
4 eggs

So easy I already have it memorized, I also pour in some chocolate chips (I don't know how much, till it looks good), just because I'm a choco-holic. My only mixing instruction is to put the eggs in last. Bake at 350 for ~25 minutes (or less if you want them more gooey) in a dark 9 x 13 pan  and ~30 minutes (or more if you want them less gooey) in a glass 9 x 13 pan.

I'll post a picture when I make them again (probably soonish).

3 comments:

  1. I made those tonight, because we were helping some friends move...OH MY FREAKING GOSH! The best brownies ever, and it's so easy! :)....I totally forgot the baking powder, so they were SUPER gooey....they nearly didn't make it from the pan to the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I also forgot the flour....but they still turned out yummy lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No flour? That sounds like a sugary mess! Ha. Glad it turned out yummy. Me and Josh do eat a good chunk of the batter before it even makes it to the pan...mmmm...brownie batter...

      Delete