Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Baked Tilapia with Tomato and Basil

I found this recipe on the food network, It's Paula Deen (gasp). It's actually pretty healthy...and is one of my go-tos for fish. Super duper easy and quick. I also don't use fresh ingredients, and I think it tastes awesome (haven't tried with fresh--you'll have to let me know if you do and how it tastes! :)). I also often forget the lemon, though it does taste good with (or without) it.


Nonstick cooking spray
2 (8-ounce) tilapia fillets
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a shallow 1-quart baking dish (I usually just use a 9x13 glass pan) with nonstick spray. Sprinkle the fish evenly with salt and pepper. Arrange the tilapia in a baking dish and sprinkle evenly with basil, oregano, onion powder and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Arrange the tomato slices evenly over the fish, and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake until fish flakes easily with fork, about 20 to 25 minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice over fish and serve immediately.


I like mine with green beans and couscous. Yum!




2 comments:

  1. Will have to try this, I'm always looking for good fish recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this the other day and it was really good! I've never really had much fish before, but I really liked this.

    ReplyDelete